Sunday, November 25, 2012

Phone calls

Liv had been wanting to talk to Amy for awhile, so when I was talking to her on the phone yesterday, I let Liv talk to her.  We were in the car running errands, and she just talked and talked and talked to Amy, Grandma, and Grandpa (DeGroff).  She would not let me take the phone back.  She kept telling them all about what she was doing and what was around her.  It was the first time she's had a really long conversation on the phone where you can tell that she knows she is talking to someone.  For a long time she's been able to talk a little on the phone, but was never comfortable just having a long conversation.  Last night, she was telling them about the water she was holding, what she was watching, what she was wearing, etc.  And she kept addressing them by name: "I have sparkle shoes, Grandpa.  I have sparkle shoes, Grandpa.  I have water.  I'm watching signing time.  I love signing time, Grandpa."  It was so cute!  If she felt like they weren't listening or didn't hear, she'd repeat and say there name.  And her intonation was right on when she said, "I love you,  Amy."

Then this morning, she grabbed a pretend phone while I was getting ready and said, "Hello, Liv is here.   Uh huh." She was having the cutest little conversation.  I wish I could get all of these things on camera, because describing them just doesn't do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment