Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bedroom 2.0

Ever since Kim and I got engaged, what our bedroom should look like has been a topic of "discussion". When we were selecting items for our wedding gift registry at Target, we realized how incompatible we were for each other. When it came to home decor, we both had very different tastes. Strange, considering how many other things we agree on. Well, I'm happy to say that after two and half years of matrimonial bliss, our tastes have moved much closer together. Here are some pictures of our new bedroom, which is a synthesis--and I think a harmonious one--of our two styles.

And of course, the BEFORE pictures:        blah, blah, blah



The room in progress:


 Note from Kim: As you can see, Tyler really did all the work ;) (Actually, I learned how to use the saw and cut most of the vertical pieces...and then Tyler did pretty much all the rest)


 It turns out Liv is really into this home improvement stuff, too.  We finally broke down and bought her a tool set (pictures to come)


The finished project:




 Except this part.  This is not finished in this picture.  It is in real time, though!




 So our question to you:  Do you like the white and brown bedspread, or the white bedspread?

7 comments:

  1. White and Brown! Way to go, guys; this is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought I liked the white, but upon further examination . . . the brown gives better contrast. Cool room! I love the texture you gave the walls. And the wall color with the red curtains is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, I saw your facebook post--I LOVE the board and batten look on the walls!

    I like the white and brown one.

    Is the white one from West Elm? I want to redo our room and have been looking at one that's similar in grey. How do the pintucks hold up in the white one? I read some reviews that made me wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. White one! Love the finished bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both great, but I love the white! It looks more classy/pottery barn/anthropologyish. I don't know. But incredible work on the walls! Tyler really knows what he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband likes the white and brown one, and I agree it's nice, but I think for the size of the room it adds a few too many lines/dimentions. I think the all white one does a great job of making a subtle statement while tying the whole room together :)
    LOVE the new walls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and I think a small red pillow on the bed to match the curtains would MAKE the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete