Saturday, May 1, 2010

When Tyler came...

...on Thursday, I was getting my hair done by Amy. Tyler met us at the salon where Tracey decided to grill him on his intentions with me. Were we getting married? Before or after law school? He obviously intended to marry me, right, or he wouldn't be dating me, she said. We had talked about marriage hadn't we? (The answer to this one was no...) I was feeling a little awkward because Tyler looked quite uncomfortable. I secretly was thinking that there might be some positive outcomes from this--after all, maybe this would get him thinking about marriage. Little did I know what was to come...

The next day we went to go see the Harrisons. Before we went over, Tyler asked me what he thought they'd say. I jokingly repeated Traceys questions of "So, before or after law school?" To which he replied, "Well, what do you think: before or after?" I wasn't crazy, I wasn't about to put myself out there, so I shrugged and blushed and said, "hmm, what do you think?" "Before, I think before." Emboldened and thinking he must be thinking marriage too, I replied, "Yah, me too...so how much before do you think?" I was then shot down with, "Aren't you putting the cart before the horse?" A little stunned, I let it drop and we started talking about horses before carts or carts before horses.

We had a great meeting with the Harrisons where we didn't reveal too much, but told them we were dating again. Then we went back home to decide what to do with our Friday night. I got a call from my friend Kelsy, saying some people were getting together and we should come up and that they'd call with details. Instead of waiting for them to call, Tyler suggested we head up to Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment